Friday 31 January 2014

Breakfast Smoothie Come Chill With Me

Smoothies, healthy shakes, little jars of yumminess, whatever you want to call them, they're damn tasty.


I've never been a breakfast eater, I know I know, apparently I'm missing the most important meal blah blah blah. But the thing is, I'm just never that hungry in the mornings, especially at the ungodly hour before work! The thought of shoveling down any kind of food before 11am does not sit well.
I personally believe it's better to listen to your body, because it will tell you what it wants. So for that reason, I eat when I'm hungry, not when the clock tells me too. (However if there is chocolate cake or peanut butter within my reach I will happily munch away even when my stomach is shouting I AM FULL.)


I find smoothies great to drink after I've done a workout, because by the time late morning rolls around I'm usually getting peckish. I don't like cereals and toast is a no no as it leaves me feeling bloated and just a bit yuck. 
So what can I devour that will keep my stomach happy, body strong and skin glowing? 
SMOOTHIE!

Here's what I put into mine
1 Fresh banana
Few pieces of frozen banana
1-2 tbsp Mixed frozen berries
1 tbsp Ground oats
1 tbsp Ground flax seed
1 tbsp Almond butter
About 2-3 floz Soya milk
2-3 floz Ice cold water

Then I just blend it all up and enjoy!


Happy blending! x







No comments: