chocolatey peanut butter cuties
(makes about 20 ish)
4oz peanut butter
4oz vegan margarine
4oz plain flour
4oz oats (the smaller porridge oats are the bestest)
few drops of vanilla extract
pinch of salt
pinch of bicarbonate of soda
splash of water (about 3 teaspoons)
vegan milk and white chocolate
1) get yourself a pretty little mixing bowl (i recently bought a lovely shiny red bowl with the words 'let them eat cake' written around it, which makes me just oh so happy).
then, using a good wooden spoon, mix together the margarine and peanut butter.
2) add the vanilla extract and stir it in, then add the sugar and beat until beautiful and fluffy.
a good quality vanilla extract makes for the bestest of cakes :)
DON'T BE FOOLED INTO USING VANILLA ESSENCE...YUCKY STUFF!
i used lovely soft brown sugar for a warmer taste, but caster or cane is all good too
3) sift in the flour, bicarbonate of soda and salt
4) add the oats and the water (if needed) and mix it all together into a wonderful mushyness!
5) i then shaped them into hearts and laid them onto a baking tray. feel free to create them in any shape your beautiful heart wishes :)
bake them at about 190c for around 15 minutes or until golden brown, but keep a watchful eye on the edges so they don't burn!
6) melt some of your favourite chocolate and drizzle as much as you want alllll over the yummy cuties.
(to melt the chocolate just simply fill a saucepan with a few inches of water and place a heat proof bowl over the top, then place your chosen chocolate into the bowl and just bring the water to the boil and watch your chocolate melt).
place them onto a wire rack to cool and then EAT.
mucho love and all that jazz x