ingredients (makes a medium size pizza)
for the dough...
(i will just say that this particular recipe makes a rather 'pastry-like' dough, but i found it just as yummy! it's just that little bit more crumbly, but if you'd rather the more traditional dough base then just don't add the vegan butter.)
preheat the oven to 200c
10oz self raising flour.
pinch of salt
dash (or as much as you wish!) of mixed herbs and oregano
2oz vegan butter
6 tablespoons of olive oil
enough water to make 'dough-like' mixture :)
for the topping...
well, i mean you can use whatever takes your fancy! my little suggestion is...
with salt and pepper and oregano to season :)
for the sides...
about 2 sweet potatoes will do for wedges for two people, however i'll let you be the judge of that as has anybody else noticed how much sweet potatoes vary in size?!
salt and pepper
a beautiful selection of salad leaves
sun dried tomatoes, olives and humous (all optional of course, and can be substituted for anything else you might like to nibble on!)
righty ho, here we go!
1) sift the flour into a lovely big baking bowl, then stir in the salt and herbs. then add the butter, and either mix it in with a spoon or rub it in with your fingers.
so it should then looks like this...
2) now add the oil and stir it in, then add enough water (put a few tablespoons in at a time) so that it comes together to form a ball. it shouldn't be too sticky, you should be able to pick it up in your hands without getting attacked by the stickiness. if needed add more flour.
3) now simply wrap it up in cling film and pop it in your fridge and he'll take care of it for 20 minutes.
4) now, whilst the dough is chilling, chop up the potatoes, no need to peel them, just give them a scrub and they'll be even tastier with the skins left on :)
5) now place them into a baking dish, coat them in olive oil and herbs and salt and pepper. then pop them into the oven. (check on them every so often whilst the pizza's cooking.)
6) now, if you're quick, you can also chop up all your toppings before the dough jumps out of the fridge.
7) grab your dough, flour a large surface and use a rolling pin to roll out the dough into a round shape about half an inch thick.
8) cover the top with olive oil and then spread the red pesto thickly all over.
9) now go ahead and add the rest of the toppings!
10) now throw on a dash or two of oregano and salt and pepper and pop it into the oven for about 30 minutes, or until the edges are brown and the base is cooked.
the wedges should be cooked around the same time, but do keep checking just in case!
when cooked, remove sweet wedges and pizza from oven and serve with salad leaves, olives, sun dried tomatoes, and avocado!
happy eating! x